Our Expat Adventure

In May 2011, our family of four moved to Mannheim, Germany for an unforgettable expat assignment. Living abroad came with its challenges—adjusting to a new culture, language, and way of life—but it also gave us memories to last a lifetime and brought us closer together. Looking back, the only thing that could’ve made it even more meaningful would’ve been having Ava with us, but the Lord blessed us with her after we returned home in April 2013. Prost to the journey!


Friday, December 30, 2011

GO IOWA & ISU




Posted by Kristina at 6:29 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (59)
    • ►  April (15)
    • ►  March (16)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2012 (153)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (14)
    • ►  August (20)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (15)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (15)
  • ▼  2011 (136)
    • ▼  December (12)
      • GO IOWA & ISU
      • Merry Christmas from the Tripp Family
      • My beautiful family
      • Santa stops by
      • A Christmas Family Tradition: Santa's Castle
      • A visit with Santa on Main Street
      • Mario...getting tricky:)
      • Baking our first Gingerbread House
      • FUN times in our old stompin' grounds:)
      • Baking with Papa (a.k.a. THE CHEF!!!)
      • The Snow Has Arrived!!!!!
      • A ride the last day of November! 50 Degrees!
    • ►  November (17)
    • ►  October (15)
    • ►  September (18)
    • ►  August (20)
    • ►  July (27)
    • ►  June (19)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)

About Me

My photo
View my complete profile

Total "From Castles to Corn" Pageviews!

Most Viewed Posts

  • We have arrived!!!
    We made it!!!!!!!    After an 8- hour plane ride….we have safely arrived in Germany!    Overall, the girls did FANTASTIC during our travel…t...
  • The Ending of a Chapter
    So, the time has come for me to write one final Blog entry…and for the first time, I cannot think of anything to write.   I a...
  • The boxes are unpacked....a first look inside our new Home
    Happy 4 th of July to our dear American Friends and Family!!!  We thought of everyone so much today, knowing that every other year we are w...
  • Learning a New Language at Age 32 = TREMENDOUS difficulty
    How can I describe the feelings I experience every Thursday evening when my German language instructor leaves our home?   Exhausted. Intell...
  • Got a bad case of the "Germany Blues..."
    Unfortunately, I have left the top... Well, as “promised” by former expats, the roller coaster ride is now moving downward…. I feel I...
  • Weekend Recap: John Deere Expat Dinner & first trip to the ER
    What a weekend!!! *Friday: The girls and I went swimming at our favorite indoor aquatic center- the Aquadrom.  The girls and I had fun usi...
  • Weekend Recap: Zurich, Switzerland
    Good Sunday evening family and friends!  We made it safely back from our weekend trip to Zurich, Switzerland. When we a...
  • Weekend Recap: Rothenburg, Germany
    This weekend we visited Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany; the town is well known for its well-preserved medieval old town.  Roth...
  • In Germany: SIMPLE TASKS = CHALLENGING TASKS
    Breathe in…breathe out…breathe in…breathe out THIS.HAS.BEEN.A.WEEK. I have not written about some of my very low moments this week thinki...
Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.