This year, the snowfall elicited different and new feelings for me… I felt excited and full of warmth and love (besides of course that it caused me to not make it to the Twin Cities to be with friends). Even though Elle had played and seen the first snowfalls in previous winters, this was the first year she was filled with joy and excitement as she watched the first flakes of the season fall from the sky. She kept asking when we would be able to go out and play in it, worried that it may disappear. As soon as we located some boots for her, we went outside and played. And again, it elicited different and new feelings for me… I too had fun playing in the snow and watching Elle’s facial expressions. It was almost magical and I was so happy to be at my parent’s home for the first snowfall of the season. Before we went to bed tonight she asked me, "will the snow still be there in the morning Mom?" SO CUTE:)
No comments:
Post a Comment