Thursday, November 1, 2012

Our Final German/American Halloween

We started with some German..........
Our Halloween started with Elle’s Halloween Party at her school.  We forgot to take a picture of Elle with her Halloween cake.  We had to make two cakes, due to our first cake not rising???  When we picked Elle up from school, she told Britta and I about some of the games she had played.  Elle shared that one of the games was “Bobbing for Apples.”  I am all for games, but bobbing when there has been the flu virus going around the school for 3-weeks…oh well I guess, all in the name of fun—right??

All of our neighbors are so incredibly kind.
Many of them had special treats for the girls. 
We ended with some American..........
Our Halloween ended with good ole’ American-style trick-or-treating on the United States Military Base.  Thanks to our dear friends the Kneppers, we were able to go door to door and get all kinds of good American candy!!  The trick-or-treating was scheduled to last 2 hours…our girls made it 1-hour and then Britta was asking to go back to the car:).  Britta had been excited ALL DAY about putting on her witch’s costume and going trick-or-treating with Leena and Taryn…and after a hour of PURE JOY, I think she was just plain tuckered out (she barely even napped that afternoon due to her excitement for “the party!!”).  Both girls had a blast…and all four of us enjoyed eating some American candy on the way home! 

Britta and her buddy Leena

Elle and her buddy Taryn

The girls did not know what to think of this huge gorilla handing out candy.  Britta would not accept candy from him, until he removed his mask.







Britta could not get over this HUGE spider!! 

I have no idea why Elle wanted her picture taken with this mean Gingerbread Man:)

No comments:

Post a Comment