Thursday, November 8, 2012

Post Halloween Fun


I truly do not know where the time has gone, since returning to Germany the end of July.  This Fall is FLYING by and with that, we bought pumpkins the first part of October and never painted or carved a single one.  But for the past 7-days, it has done nothing but RAIN…and RAIN AND RAIN!!  Thus, it has allowed for us to get caught up on all of the activities we should have done prior to Halloween.  Regardless of what month it is, the girls and I have been having fun decorating pumpkins!! 

Though, they may start to get confused because this weekend, we must decorate our home for Christmas since we leave for the United States on November 20th.  Next weekend, we are going to be busy attending two birthday parties AND celebrating Matt’s birthday, thus there will be no time to decorate.  And when we return to Germany, it will be Christmas Eve!!  So, this week we are celebrating Halloween AND Christmas at our house:).  My girls are definitely learning, at a very early age, just to go with the flow and to have fun celebrating holidays and birthdays even in the months they are not technically in!!  I guess it is just all part of our European Adventure!  




This may be the FUNNIEST picture ever.....I mean, look at that angry face:)!! Elle kept "threatening" to put pumpkin seeds on Britta's foot.  Britta did not want ANYTHING, I mean ANYTHING, to do with the pumpkin.  She kept saying, "that looks disgusting Elle, do not touch me with that."  I could not help but chuckle.

FINALLY, she conceded and agreed to help ONLY with the use of a large spoon.

BOTH girls using spoons...

The girls FAVORITE part.....accessorizing "Melissa!!"  Hair, earrings, bows, stickers, etc.


The UGLIST pumpkin EVER.....but 1) I do not enjoy carving pumpkins (Matt always assists in this tradition but he has been in Italy) and 2) basically, nobody wanted to touch the pumpkin if it had any "slime" on it.  Thus, Mommy's best work:)









No comments:

Post a Comment