Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Sleeping Beauties

This post has nothing to do with our “European Adventure;” it has everything to do with unconditional love.  And more specifically, with an activity I will do for the rest of my life (or at least while my two sweet girls live under my roof:).  Every night, before I go to bed, I check in on my “babies.”  I make sure they are not too hot or too cold, that they are covered up, breathing normally, take a few stuffed animals out of their bed and just watch them sleep.  For a moment each night, life stops.  It does not matter if they did not listen to me all day, if I am exhausted, or have a million things on my mind, for a moment, I am overwhelmed with gratefulness and love.  Being a Mother is truly the most amazing experience.  Thank you Lord for blessing me with the two most precious daughters and for giving me the gift of Motherhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment