Tuesday, April 9, 2013

5 Girls and 1 Boy:)

Breakfast... it is funny how adding only two more children can make me feel like all I do is prepare and clean up meals:)!

As of Sunday, we are a family of SIX…well, at least until Friday.  On Monday, my friend Meredith flew to Israel to meet her husband who was already there for work purposes.  While there, they plan to participate in a Caesarea tour, visit Jerusalem & Masada and swim in the Dead Sea.  Unfortunately and sadly, due to this part of the World having so much continual turmoil, they did not feel it was appropriate to take their little two girls with them BUT did not want to miss out on an opportunity to see this part of the World.  Thus, since Meredith watched Elle and Britta while Matt and I traveled to Spain, it was our turn to care for the four girls ALL under the age of four:)!!  It is interesting how friends really become more like family when living abroad.  I have been so thankful for all of the friendships I have made since moving to Germany in the summer of 2011.  We hope to keep in touch with many of our closest friends, since ironically, many of them are moving back to the USA around the same time as we are (Meredith’s family to nearby good ole’ Minnesota:)! 


My backseat:)!!

While Elle, Britta and Christina are at preschool...Vivienne hangs with me:)!  On Monday, she was temporarily unhappy...until we took her socks and shoes off AND I gave her a chocolate alphabet cracker... then, life was once again good!
Driving the car at Reve


Lunch... instead of getting yet another top dirty, Viv went topless:).  I have attempted to help her eat, but I have found that she eats best (and really the only way she eats), is by doing it herself! 

After we picked the 3 girls up from preschool, we played in the backyard.  Elle and Christina even created yet another Easter Egg hunt:)!  We all took turns hiding the plastic eggs and finding them.


On the hunt.....

Finally...a little R&R time:)!!
Dinner... everyone loved corn on the cob!!  And the peas... they enjoyed them as well, but I think the floor had AT LEAST 50 peas on it!! 
Elle and Christina showing off their robes for the Easter Bunny (The Bells were in Budapest with us:).


 Time to decorate our cookies..... perfect dessert!!
I guess Elle had to show a little leg in the photo:) and Britta doing A LOT of sampling:)

 Time for sprinkles!!


 And finally......the four Sleeping Beauties rest....

I have realized just how much I miss having a baby around...... simply precious.



No comments:

Post a Comment