Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A mood booster:)

I have written about this before, but when living in a foreign country some of the simplest things from the “land of the familiar” (a.k.a. America) can really brighten a day.  Yesterday after a visit to the Orthodontist, Britta and I decided to check out a new grocery store that my language instructor mentioned to me as being a little more expensive, but having a large variety of goods.  And, he was correct- Britta and I came across many items imported from the States including ranch dressing (though I did not buy any this time due to recently visiting the Commissary with a friend).  While shopping, I was still in pain but somehow running across some Diet Dr.Pepper really lifted my mood:)!  THOUGH, ONE can was 1,59 Euro- this equals over $2.00 PER CAN.  Thus, I did not buy a lot but enough to “ease the pain.” 

 And, after visiting an ENT Physician on Monday, along with my Family Practice Physician they continue to believe my constant headaches are from stress.  Last night, I used my new “mouth guard” while sleeping.  Unfortunately, I have not noticed any improvement yet today but I am optimistic that I will begin to feel better soon.  MY remedy is 1) a scheduled massage tomorrow (focusing on my neck and face), 2) jogging at least 2 miles every night, 3) leaving for the Canary Islands on Saturday.  But with all joking aside, I am focusing on my faith and the support of those closest to me.  I would like to avoid all German Physicians for at least a few weeks if I can:).  On Monday, it was quite the little experience to have a 6-inch wire stuck up my nose without any way of knowing PRIOR TO the insertion due to the language barrier.  It was quite a surprise for both Britta, who was sitting on my lap, and me- chalk this up to yet another “adventure!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment