Saturday, March 24, 2012

The two cutest rooms in our new house:)


Here is a sneak peek of the two most important rooms of our house:)… the girls’ bedroom and girls’ playroom.  We wanted to prioritize getting the girls settled in, especially since Britta moved into a “big girl bed” AND we have the girls sharing a bedroom.  Thursday night was the first night the girls slept in their new room and THEY ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!  As their mother, I have had the pure joy of listening & watching them, via the visual monitor, the last two evenings after I read books, say prayers, rub backs and say good-night.  On Thursday night, Elle kept talking to Britta about a rabbit she made at school.  She gave Britta the details of the color of the rabbit, where it is now located in her classroom and the parts of the rabbit that Elle cut out using scissors (i.e. hands, feet, tail, etc).  Britta just listened and once in awhile, would question something Elle had shared, “a pink rabbit Elle??”  Finally, they both drifted off to sleep and did not wake up until almost 8AM.  Then last night, it was Britta who wanted to stay up.  Britta did not want to talk but rather sing:)!!  She kept singing various lyrics of different songs and would occasionally say, “come on Elle, sing.”  Eventually Elle said, “Britta I do not want to sing, I want to go to sleep.”  And FINALLY, the next American Idol went to sleep:).  The most amazing thing about this whole room arrangement was that around 1:30AM, Britta woke up crying (probably wanted her “me” a.k.a. pacifier) and Elle sat up and kindly said, “what do you need Britta?”  I do not know if Britta was just having a bad dream OR IF just hearing and seeing Elle was comforting, but whatever the case, Britta went back to sleep and I never had to get up—AWESOME!!!!  And again, they did not wake up until close to 8AM.  So far, this whole room arrangement is exceeding all of my expectations:)!  The girls also appear to really enjoy their new playroom.  They have already used the mirror multiple times to apply their make-up:).  There were enough rooms/bedrooms for them to each have their own room but we thought it would be special for them to share a room while living in Germany and we did not want their playroom to be located on the 3rd floor (too many stairs for the girls and play dates).  So again, for now our new room arrangements are working out great.  I will post pictures of some of the other rooms in our home hopefully by tomorrow.  We are quickly getting settled and absolutely LOVE everything about our new home—it is actually a blessing we had to move.  I will share many of the reasons why we love this home the next Blog entry.  












No comments:

Post a Comment