We have our tickets bought for our summer trip home to the USA!! Or, as Elle calls it, “Iowa State!!” Whenever we see an American Flag, Elle says, “look, an Iowa State flag!!” Initially, Matt would almost hurt his neck, turning it so quickly in the hopes of seeing an actual “Iowa State University” flag flying somewhere in Germany/Europe (lol) but now, we all know this is how Elle refers to the USA and it is too cute to correct:)! It is going to be a extended trip back, June 13th – July 25th, but already dates are filling up with play dates and get togethers and sadly I am sure the time will go too quick! It is so wonderful to have such amazing friends and family to return “home” to.
The other day, my Sister-in-Law asked if we would be “home” on Elle’s birthday so they could call her, etc. I said, unfortunately, we would not be “home” until June, but we could still celebrate her birthday at that time. My Sister-in-Law said by “home” she meant Germany, and not on a trip somewhere within Europe. For some reason, we have been here almost a year and I still think of “home” as only in Iowa and/or the USA. I think because we have always known we will be returning in the summer of 2013 that I have never really thought of Germany as “home.” And, considering we are indeed living in a foreign country makes it more difficult to think of our current residence as “real home.”
PS: and Papa, you better start tracking down the entire "frog family" because the girls ask almost daily if Papa's frogs are going to be waiting for them in Iowa State:)- lol

No comments:
Post a Comment