So, the girls have a few "loves." They love cats, dogs, swinging/going to play grounds, coloring, playing house, and swimming… they have many other “loves” but these are a few of their absolute top favorites:). Though, I would have to say that anything related to a dog or a cat would top basically anything. The girls and I have noticed that our new neighborhood has A LOT of cats walking around. Actually, this is very common for neighborhoods here in Germany. All of the cats appear to be very well taken care of and do belong to a family nearby. Today, I thought it would be a “good idea” to give this one particular cat some milk. The girls were so delighted to provide this cat with some milk and were totally enthralled with just watching it eat. The neighbor across the street had shared with me that this particular cat was very sweet and belonged to a family a few homes down from our home. My thought-process, as a mother was, the girls love cats and we are not going to buy any animals while living in Germany, so why not provide them with the enjoyment of giving this safe & sweet cat some milk from time to time. Well, my “good idea” quickly turned into a “not so good idea!!” Since this “good idea” the cat has gotten into our house THREE times, joined us for lunch in our fenced-in back yard (slid under the fence) and appears to enjoy “camping out” in the girls’ playhouse. The girls do not know what to think. I think they, like me, thought it would be fun to give the cat milk once in awhile and stroke its fur ONCE in awhile—now unfortunately, the cat appears to think that it lives here. So today I learned never to provide a cat or dog food, unless I am prepared to have it around—A LOT. But for now, the girls are for the most part delighted with their "new pet" though interestingly enough, do not like the cat in our house or trying to eat their food:)!!
No comments:
Post a Comment