Thursday, June 7, 2012

Another German Holiday = Our Father's Day

Today, we enjoyed yet another German Holiday.  Honestly, there are so many different holidays we did not even know what today was actually marking but we knew that Elle did not have KiGa and Matt did not have to work, thus, we enjoyed it:)!!
 On Wednesday afternoon, the girls and I began preparing for an early Father’s Day.  We knew that we would not get to be with Daddy on actual Father’s Day, but rather Papa Donavon in the USA, so we thought we should celebrate with Daddy in Germany a tad early!! 
The girls made homemade Father’s Day cards.  Elle was very into making her card, Britta, not so much.  Rather, Britta kept telling Elle and I to look at her heart mustache.

I could not believe that my sweet Elle was old enough to write her own card!!  I of course had to spell the words for her (besides the word Daddy), but she wrote every letter (very LARGE letters:) on her own without any help!  It was a bittersweet moment for her Mommy.

Thanks to a dear friend, who just happens to have a few more “American perks” than myself, we were able to score Daddy some of his favorite American snacks to eat while we are gone.  Though Britta wanted Cheetos for breakfast!!
We gave Daddy his gifts in the morning and then, relexed… I am never sure who is most into the cartoons…Daddy and Elle are usually a tie.
Late morning, we ventured off to Speyer.  Even though it was “Father’s Day” I suggested we go to the IMAX Dome and watch the “Delfine” documentary.  The movie screen covered the entire dome.  At one point in the 45-minute movie, Elle told Matt the floor was moving.  Initially, I thought I was going to get sick it felt so real and there was so much “movement” literally all around me.

Elle & Britta waving from high above- the seats were VERY steep.
I “had” to take just one picture of my three loves during the movie…it was Britta’s first movie, “Father’s Day,” and again—who was most into the movie??  The three of them just warm my heart.  Happy Father's Day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment