It may not be much, BUT at least we FINALLY received a little snow last night. The girls were ESTATIC to see snow on the ground and could not wait to out on their snow boots. I made sure they had some time to play around in it (what there was:), before we took Elle to school. I was not able to capture any real “action shots” via the camera, simply because there was not a lot to do in the snow besides kick it around a little. Elle asked me if the snow would still be there when she returned home from school and I could not make any promises. Up until this point, any snow that we have received has melted almost immediately as it hits the ground. I have come to realize that I really am a “Midwest Girl” because I have missed the snow this winter season. Even though, it makes traveling easier and safer, I wish that the girls and I could have been able to make at least one snowman, a few snow angels and threw a few snowballs at each other:). Many of my friends here in Germany, who grew up in the southern part of the USA, think that it is currently FREEZING outside; I took a 2-mile jog outside this afternoon! I guess we will have to see what February and March bring our way, but I would love for it to snow for an entire weekend and then be gone by the time we all have to drive to work & school on Monday—wishful thinking on my part I think. For now, I guess we will enjoy the little snow we have.
No comments:
Post a Comment