Good Evening Family & Friends. So, over the weekend I asked Matt, “so where is the thermostat in this house?” He said, “there is not one.” WHAT???
Matt explained that our house is fueled by an automatic wood chip, wood pellet boiler and that our heat is produced by hot water pipes laid under our flooring. Thus, each room in our home has its own separate heating panel such as the one seen in the picture.
I have since learned that in several countries, such as Germany, where wood is in abundance (and they hug a lot of trees:) wood chips are becoming an alternative fuel for family homes and larger buildings due to the abundant availability of wood chips, which result in low fuel costs.
Since Sunday, we have been trying to figure out comfortable temperatures in each room. And to my surprise, it is actually working ok, now that we are starting to actually figure it out (Matt had to turn up some of the hot water gages connected to the flooring). Since I love it cold when I sleep, we have our panel dialed in at OFF and I could see it staying this way all winter long:).
So, just another difference and adjustment I am experiencing in this adventure we are on.
Good night…love and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment