Since living here in Germany, the girls and I are filled with the most excitement when we run across something of familiarity to us.
Such as today, we were shopping at Reve (our favorite of the three grocery stores in our town) and we saw, who else but, “Cookie Monster” or in Germany known as “Krumel-Monster!” Unfortunately, “Sesamstrasse” is not near as popular here as it is in the States, thus seeing Cooking Monster, Elmo, Big Bird, Abby, etc. is rare. The girls are going to love being able to watch the very familiar “Sesame Street” every day @ 9AM while at Papa Donavon and Nana Becky’s House for Thanksgiving/Christmas. Enjoying life’s simplest pleasures at every age:)!
Since I have found that the German grocery stores often rotate in and out their products, we stocked up on “Krumel-Monster Kekse!!!” The girls were so happy, finding something familiar to them and I was so happy seeing them happy:)!!
All our love and prayers…
PS: Cousins Hannah, Garrison and Marshall…be looking in the mail for your first taste of Krumel-Monster Kekse!!
No comments:
Post a Comment