My birthday started off rather confusing…I woke up wet with urine, a huge pimple on my chin and intense back pain! I did not know if I was turning 3, 14 or 80. And for the record, Elle had an accident while sleeping with me; thankfully, I am not old enough for incontinence yet:). But needless to say, the old 3-2 definitely came in with a bang!
We started the day with a MOPS playgroup. And, being with these lovely women and seeing Elle & Britta have so much fun was the PERFECT birthday gift! I was given some great American birthday gifts (i.e. Kraft Mac N’ Cheese, Nutri-Grain bars, Jell-O, etc.) and we all involved two delicious German birthday cakes! It was so much fun. The only disappointing thing was “HAPPY KIDS” closed from 12-2PM (like the entire country does for lunch) and they kicked us out of the indoor play area. The Moms would have enjoyed talking more and the kids would have enjoyed playing more together, but we had to go. Thus, the girls and I hit up Mc. Donalds for lunch and then headed home for nap.
When we pulled into the driveway, there was a large package in the mailbox. Elle said, “you got another birthday present Mom!” Once I retrieved the package, I saw that it was for Elle & Britta from Papa Donavon and Nana Becky. As I told Elle this, she got a very happy yet slightly sheepish look on her face and said, “sorry Mom, I guess Papa and Nana just wanted to send Britta and I something.” But in all honestly, I received more pleasure from the package being that it was for the girls rather than myself; I have found that I am filled with the warmest feelings when I see my girls excited and happy. And indeed they were! Papa and Nana sent them a “Halloween package” which included some new Disney Princess pajamas, in which they both had to wear immediately and some new coloring books!
After nap, we made birthday cupcakes!! The girls both enjoyed helping me cook. They especially enjoyed being able to decorate their own cupcakes after dinner. It is a wonder they were able to go to sleep with all the sugar they ingested, but I figured, it is my birthday- why not have a good time.
And the girls definitely had a good time on my birthday. While talking to my sister-in-law on the phone they decided to have their own party in Elle’s bedroom. They decided to use all of their 150+ hair accessories as “confetti.” Thus, Elle’s room had barrettes, rubber bands, and bows EVERYWHERE when I got off the phone. Elle said, “we threw you a party Mom.” SUPER- thanks girls:)!! And, Britta decided to go pee-pee on the floor when I was talking to my Mom AND my Dad on the phone. She is currently refusing to wear a diaper and typically, tells me she needs her diaper back on right before going potty (dislikes sitting on the toilet) but of course, without having my undivided attention she thought it would be a good idea to go on the floor.
But again, overall, it was a perfect birthday. One thing I have learned through this “adventure” is life truly is what you make of it. I knew that I needed to stop having a pity-party for myself, count my blessings, remain positive and accept my birthday for what it was-- just another day, one in which I could make depressing or one that I could make the most of, enjoying the things and people around me. The mind is a very, very powerful tool.
THANK YOU to all my friends and family who either contacted me via FB, email or telephone. With advanced technology, I was able to not feel as far away from those closest to me on my birthday. THANK YOU.
Tomorrow, my birthday continues for a little while longer. In the morning Kim is coming over to watch the girls so I can scrapbook; this is something I enjoy doing but find almost impossible to do with my two little helpers. And tomorrow evening, our friends the Thompsons are coming over for homemade pizza; Kari is even bringing a cake:)!
Good Night my friends and family…
| Britta "of course" had to go down this slide too- BY HERSELF. Only I made sure I was right beside her, thus, I was not able to get any photos of her going down. She loved it, just like Elle did:) |
| Minus the messy face, a sweet picture of Britt |
| My gifts and cakes-- thank you again!! |
| Enjoying Mickey D's from the backseat:) |
| Britta loving her new PJs from Papa Donavon and Nana Becky |
| My cooking staff:) |
No comments:
Post a Comment