Monday, October 10, 2011

A happy morning and sad afternoon:)

 Good Evening.  In the morning, I heard laughter from the girls and approximately 5 hours later, I heard loud screams and saw tears.  


The girls enjoyed wearing their new shirts from “Roma” and being silly while I took their pictures before we took Elle to school. But then this afternoon, I heard tears as both girls received their annual flu shots.  I told Elle that it was going to feel similar to the bee sting she got this summer and well, as indicated by her scream it must have felt incredibly worse.  The crazy thing is Britta was second and knew what was coming, but was such a big girl.  She hopped on my lap but then started to whimper before the shot was even administered (and yes, eventually screamed too).  Honestly, I think she just wanted the gummy bears Elle received from the Doctor post her shot:).  


The interesting thing about this vaccination was that I transported the vaccination from the Apotheke (a.k.a. Pharmacy) to the Doctor’s place of clinical practice (her home).  I did though like one new aspect of the vaccination process here in Germany; the girls both received vaccination cards that included the name of the vaccination they received, a sticker from the vaccination package and the Doctor’s signature & date. In the past, it has made me nervous switching Doctors/clinics in the States because I am fearful that the girls’ vaccinations would not get reported or transferred correctly (hence why I always keep my own records too).  So, I did like how they received personalized vaccination cards.  I will take these with me to the States in November, since this is where they will be receiving their second MMR and Varicella vaccination; they will be receiving their second doses of these vaccinations ahead of the USA vaccination schedule due to the prevalence of these illnesses still here in Germany.

Good Night friends and family.
Britta copying basically anything her big sister does; Elle was having her baby ride on her shoulders (see below).


The vaccinations during the transfer:)

No comments:

Post a Comment