Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Preparing for Halloween in Germany:)

I officially think my body hates Germany.  Today, I had to visit the Doctor because I have PINK EYE!!! What?!?  First nail fungus and now pink eye?  With these diagnoses, you would think that all of my basic hygiene practices have been non-existent since moving to Germany but I promise you all- they have not!!  So, my Blog is short tonight due to my left eye BURNING and my vision being blurry.  I am hoping that my drops work quickly.  On a positive note, it is the first familiar medication or should I say “normal” medication I have seen since moving here; an Alcon medicated eye drop.

While visiting this new Family Physician, who was recommended to me by two friends, I made sure she had time to look at Elle’s ear for a second opinion.  The good news: same diagnosis, same thoughts re: treatment, etc.  The bad news: there is still a lot of fluid behind her left eardrum.  Oh, and more good news: I thought this Doctor was FANTASTIC!

Elle arranging her "bat family" on the window
The girls giving "Mean Witch" a hug:)
On a fun note, the girls and I decorated for Halloween tonight (we started on Sunday and finished today due to Elle insisting our house was not scary enough).  In Germany, they do not celebrate the October 31st Halloween that we are familiar with, but do have a lot of Fall & harvest Fests and decorations.  Though, I found these spooky Halloween decorations at a German store, but basically, we bought all there was to offer:).  But, thanks to having friends who are affiliated with the US Military, we are hoping to be able to trick-or-treat on Base with some friends on October 29th.  Per Elle’s request, I ordered her an Ariel costume that Matt will bring back from the USA on the 29th.  Britta is going to wear one of Elle’s “hand me downs” and be a “Future Rock & Roll Star!!”

Well, good night friends and family…all my love.






No comments:

Post a Comment