Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Germany = CARB Capital of the World

It is good thing that the Germans are so physically active, because if they were not, everyone would be very overweight due to their large consumption of carbs (i.e. breads, beer, pasta).  In our small village alone (and by small I mean 30,000 people), there are five bakeries all within walking distance of our home!  Below is a picture of the bakery we visit the most, mainly because it is located inside the grocery store we use.  Every time we go grocery shopping, Britta goes into the bakery to check for pretzels while I pay.  She then reports back to me that there are indeed pretzels and requests one for her and Elle (who is at school).  I have yet to see a bakery that does not have an abundance of large fresh pretzels:).  I am still trying to learn the difference between all of the various breads and pastries, but the tasting process is not all that bad (as long as I too stay ACTIVE!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment