Friday, January 27, 2012

My two beautiful ballet dancers:)

Elle is in the "Rainbow Bright" leg warmers:)

Elle continues to LOVE ballet.  We ended up switching ballet studios due to me continuing to feel uncomfortable around the previous ballet instructor (she insisted that both Elle and I communicate to her only in German, even though she could speak English??) but like all things in life, it was actually a blessing in disguise.  Elle (and I) loves her new studio and though the instruction is still in German, the ballet instructor makes it so much fun and engages all of the little girls so well that Elle just loves it.  Last week, they asked if Elle could move up to the 4 & 5 year-old class because they thought her physical skills/movements resembled more of those taught in the older class (moving out of the 3 year-old class).  Britta and I sat in on the class, only because it was a new class for Elle, but she blended in quite easily and was constantly giving me the “thumbs up” while she pranced around the studio (thus next class, Britta and I will be sitting with the other Moms and not in the dance class- we were a little distracting to Elle:).  Again, as a mother, it made me feel all warm & fuzzy inside observing Elle having such an enjoyable time. 




Though the picture is not in the best focus, it is yet another picture of Britta taking mental notes & learning from her Big Sister
Then, when we got home, Elle asked if she could stay in her dance attire and continue to dance to some music around the house.  Britta of course wanted to participate too, so I went upstairs and grabbed Britta one of Elle’s old dance leotards and ballet slippers.  The attire fit perfectly and both girls enjoyed dancing around the house to some “dinner music” I had on cd.  They even showed Papa Donavon and Nana Becky some of their dance moves via video.  I hope to get Britta into a “Mommy & Me” class, at the same studio, this Fall; she appears to enjoy music and dancing just as much as Elle does (and her Mommy:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment