When
Elle was a toddler, for whatever reason she called her pacifiers “MEs.” When Elle turned three, she “donated” all of
her MEs to little children who did not have MEs. Since Britta has only known pacifiers as MEs,
she of course refers to her pacifiers as MEs and is very, VERY fond of
them. For example, she goes to bed with
at least 7 MEs scattered around her for security and comfort. BUT, when Britta turns three, we are planning
for Britta to "donate" her MEs too.
An
interesting idea was brought to our attention last week at Luisenpark. While there, we can across a “ME
TREE!!!” The girls were in total awe of
this tree!! Elle enjoyed taking a trip down memory lane, looking at some of the
MEs that resembled MEs that she had.
And, I think Britta wanted to take all of them home with her. Actually, I was HORRIFIED when I saw that
Britta was even testing one of the MEs already on the tree!!! But in all seriousness, I thought, “this tree
may be our solution to Britta donating her MEs February 19, 2013!” I of course started to talk to Britta about
this possibility and boy was the smoke coming out of her ears! She was thinking, thinking AND THINKING. We learned that German children take their “MEs”
to this tree and place them wherever they like when they are at age to say
good-bye to their pacifiers. The
children know this is where their MEs go and they are able to revisit them when
at Luisenpark. It may definitely be a solution for Britta saying good-bye to her precious MEs.
To be
continued……February 20th:)!





No comments:
Post a Comment