While
out for a walk today, it was once again clear to me that I was no longer in
Iowa. The corn had a vibrant green color
and did not appear to be in any distress.
Since being back in Germany, the temperatures have been averaging the upper-70’s with a little rain almost every day.
It saddened me to think about the corn I saw when I was in Iowa. It saddened me to think of my Dad (owner of a
farm implement) and my in-laws who farm.
Within a week, I have seen two totally different parts of our World and
two totally different crop conditions. We
will continue to pray for all of those affected by the drought and pray for some measurable
rain in Iowa in the very near future.
In May 2011, our family of four moved to Mannheim, Germany for an unforgettable expat assignment. Living abroad came with its challenges—adjusting to a new culture, language, and way of life—but it also gave us memories to last a lifetime and brought us closer together. Looking back, the only thing that could’ve made it even more meaningful would’ve been having Ava with us, but the Lord blessed us with her after we returned home in April 2013. Prost to the journey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment