Sunday, September 9, 2012

John Deere Expat Party

Last evening, we had our second annual John Deere Expat pizza party at the John Deere Forum.  It was almost surreal not being the “new kids on the block,” but rather the “experienced” Expats this year.  There were many people there who had only lived in Germany for less than a month; I remembered having that overwhelming uncertainty last year.  A year later, I am actually feeling comfortable here, and dare I say, enjoying living here?  I am starting to feel like we have a place here, like we belong.  We have become very involved in various activities and organizations (i.e. MOPS, Bible Study, ballet, swimming, the international library, Elle’s international school, fitness classes, etc.).  I no longer use navigation, unless traveling to a new and unknown location.  We even have acquired a taste for the various German cheeses.  And last week, I was able to provide a tourist with sufficient directions and information re: a nearby city; I must have appeared to be a Local:)!  We definitely will be ready to return to the United States, but for now, life is good here.  I finally have a sense of ease, confidence and comfort.  I wondered if this feeling would ever come, it took awhile, but it finally arrived……[insert a sigh of relief]….

Britta learning the "peace sign" from her friend Will (Will attends the same school as Elle).

She's got it!

Britta pretending to drive while operating the navigation.



Britta requesting I take a picture of her in the wheel of the 7R

Elle observes Britta getting her picture taking in the wheel and wants to join in... Britta was not keen on the idea of Elle being in the picture with her:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment