Saturday, October 6, 2012

A perfect Friday morning


Yesterday was an absolutely perfect Friday morning…lovely company, lovely autumn weather, all while exploring a lovely new town:).  Britta and I visited Ladenburg, Germany with our friends Kari & Meredith.  Since moving to Heidelberg, Ladenburg has been on my list of towns to visit.  I would often hear people talking about its unique beauty and knew that it was only 10 minutes away. Kari had invited me multiple times, to come shopping with her in Ladenburg but it just never worked out with my schedule- finally, it worked out because our Bible Study was cancelled this Friday.  Kari had talked to me about this quaint café and fun boutique that sold a lot of unique items (everything from scarfs, jewelry, home décor, etc.); she was absolutely correct, I loved the town and everything that it had to offer! I hope to visit the town again in the future.  Britta and I had to leave our friends Kari and Meredith early, to go pick up Elle.  There was definitely more shopping and exploring that needed to be completed:)!!   

A typical German building...
such character and simple architectural beauty.


Britta deciding what she was going to order at the cafe:)

Deciding on a fresh baguette and hot chocolate


The streets and atmosphere were "picture perfect."




My little shopper...exploring the huge Farmers Market


What beautiful flowers.....look close and you will see a very beautiful "flower" in the middle:)


It was such a beautiful autumn day, that after we picked Elle up from school we visited a nearby farm and picked up some more pumpkins.  It is really a beautiful farm, with an “old fashioned” feel.  It was such an enjoyable morning...perfect.








No comments:

Post a Comment