Sunday, October 21, 2012

Officially 33:)!!!!

Well, I am officially another year older.  And, though I do not like to say my new age yet:), I feel so extremely blessed today.  The last 32 years have been incredible ones and I pray for many, MANY more happy years to come.  As you all know, to celebrate my birthday we decided to head to Paris.  Paris is a mere 4½ hours away from our house, so I just “had” to spend my birthday in Paris!


Unfortunately, there were some disappointments to the trip…1) I love taking pictures and my nice camera lens broke.  Thus, we had to race to a nearby store and purchase a CHEAP camera for me to use (without the lens, my camera would only manually focus).  Again, I love photography and capturing precious moments on camera and this was disappointing to me.  Not to mention the fact that this lens is not even a year old and not cheap… 2) it rained the ENTIRE time we were in Paris.  It rained at Disney…it rained downtown Paris, it rained the entire weekend- UGH. 3) Elle's Minnie Mouse costume arrived one day AFTER we left for Paris. 4) While at Disneyland Paris, we saw ONLY ONE Princess character.  Even after Matt waited in line for over TWO HOURS to receive a ticket to “meet the Princesses” the girls only got to meet ONE princess, and not even a fav. 5) Due to the weather, MANY of the shows at Disney were cancelled. 6) oh, and did I mention it rained the ENTIRE time- oh yes, I think I did:).

Thanks for letting me vent:)…because truly, for every disappointment, there were multiple unforgettable memories/moments!! 1) I was fortunate enough to spend my 33rd birthday in Paris with my beautiful family.  I feel so blessed to have the two cutest, brightest, funniest little girls anyone could ask for…and a husband who every day does his best to make me happy and to make me feel loved & appreciated.  Truly, who could ask for more?? 2) Seeing the girls’ faces at Disneyland was PRICELESS.  My writing would not do these moments any justice… but these memories will forever me in my mind.  It gives me such joy to think about these moments while I am typing… 3) the girls truly enjoyed seeing the Eiffel Tower.  They have seen the Eiffel Tower in many pictures, movies, etc. and so they really enjoyed standing under it and looking up. 4) Due to the rain, we were able to do a little shopping at the La Vallee’ Village Shopping Center near our hotel; even though we did not purchase much, the stores were beautiful and fun to snoop around at:), 5) the trip to Paris was a breeze…the girls are fabulous travelers!  This makes traveling so much easier for the entire family! 6) Just being in Paris for my birthday…though, Paris is not one of my absolute favorite Western European cities, it is still PARIS- the city of lights and romance!!  It is the most popular foreign tourist destination in the world, with over 30 million tourists every year! I truly, could not have asked for a better birthday.  Even with some of the disappointments, it was absolutely PERFECT.  Thank you Matt for making my birthday so special.   









































No comments:

Post a Comment