Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I am back!!!


Well, the flu bug got us and then some!!  Luckily, the nasty bug waited to attack us until we arrived back from Paris…but then, IT HIT HARD.  I knew that it was only a matter of time, due to someone always being sick at Elle’s school and someone always being sick in Britta’s MOPPETS group this entire Fall.  Last Wednesday, Elle started to get a low-grade fever.  On Thursday, Britta started to get a low-grade fever.  And then Saturday, I got the worst flu of my entire life.  My flu started around 11:00PM Saturday evening, and even as I type this Blog entry, I am still on a “liquid diet.”  I am sure my flu was a combination of different strains from both Elle and Britta’s viruses and due to this, it was enough to put me out of commission for a full 24-hours.  Thank goodness, Matt was not traveling for work and was home to take care of the girls…there is no way that I could have.  Then yesterday, while Britta and I were out doing errands (me feeling like I was going to pass out due to it being the first time I had really walked around and/or stood up since Saturday), I got a phone call from Elle’s school stating that she had vomited.  Thus, we are doing NOTHING but resting all day today…and I am trying to get caught up on emails, Blog entries, and laundry…all of these items got completely deserted while tending to either a child or myself.  Oh, and we also plan on baking 24 Halloween cupcakes for Elle’s Halloween school party tomorrow!!  Busy day for us ladies:)!  

We went out to eat Saturday evening, before my flu bug set in...unfortunately, I may never be able to eat at this restaurant again.

No comments:

Post a Comment