![]() |
| May 8, 2008 |
![]() |
| May 2, 2012 The BIG #4!! |
Dear my
first born,
It is
so hard for me to believe you are four today Elle. Even though you have been telling me for
WEEKS that you are almost four, I
still cannot believe it:). I can
remember PERFECTLY the day Daddy and I brought you home from the hospital. It was only Daddy and I who went to the
hospital, and we cane home from the hospital as a FAMILY. You made us a family.
I
remember one moment in particular; as soon as we got home from the hospital, we
laid you on a blanket on the floor in front of our fireplace and just starred
at you. When I looked at you, I could
not believe how small you were, how beautiful you were, how Daddy & I had
created something/someone so amazing- still today, it overwhelms me with
emotion to think back to that day. I
hope to remember this moment for the rest of my life because every time I think back to this moment, life stops for a minute- nothing else matters for a minute.
Now
today, you are four. You now tell me
what you are going to wear every morning before school. You have very good taste, but to be honest,
it has been slightly sad for me to no longer be able to pick out your clothes
and have you happily wear them:). I have
now learned that I must always take you shopping for your own clothes. Just this week I thought I bought you the
cutest shoes. When you saw them, you
hesitantly said, “thank you Mom, they’re nice.”
Later, you politely told me that you probably would never wear
them. Well, at least you were polite in
sharing your honesty with me:). You
also have ideas re: your hairstyle every morning- you are becoming quite an
independent little girl. I love picking
you up from school and hearing all about your morning. Every time you tell a story, you have so much
excitement in your voice- it is so much fun for me to listen to you!
Already
at the age of 4, I am so extremely proud of you. Since living here in Germany, you have shown
so much confidence and bravery. At
times, you have been my inspiration- I have figured, if you can attend a German
preschool, German sports class and German ballet- I should be able to get food
at a German grocery store!! I am also so
proud of how much you want to help, how kind you are to others and how much you
think about events that you have experienced.
You think SO MUCH- I am always floored when I get back from an
appointment and you ask me how it went.
Just recently, when I got back from the Dentist you asked, “what did the
Dentist say about your mouth Mom?” Or if
someone gets an “owie” you always ask how it feels the next day.
You
love receiving positive praise from Daddy and I- but that just shows that you
honestly try to do the best you can do most
of the time:). I am so proud of how hard
you try to do your best and this is all I will ever expect you to do. Though it is sometimes funny because if we do
not give you some positive feedback, you make sure to remind us, “Did you see
me pour my milk all by myself- and I did not even spill any!!” Sometimes, the listening ears need to be
“turned on/up” and you still need to learn that even when Britta is
frustrating, it is NEVER okay to bonk her in the head- but you are learning and
doing much better with being a role model for Britta and watching out for
her. I have seen you multiple times
redirect Britta away from the street and I have heard you tell Britta to “be
careful” when you are playing outside- she is so LUCKY to have you as her
sister. You are lucky to have each
other.
You
love playing make-believe. Your
imagination and creativity is beautiful to listen to and watch; you are so full
of life and energy. On one of our trips
this spring, you became very interested in restaurants- the menus, the
waiters/waitresses, the kitchen, ordering drinks and food, how they often fold
the napkins, place settings, receiving the bill and paying. When we got home, you started to create your
own restaurant. Your restaurant,
“Maria’s Café” now has its own menus, tablecloth, artificial flowers on the table- all your ideas and created by you. You love being the waitress and writing down Britta and my orders:). It is so much fun playing with you, but I still questioning how your restaurant can always be out of coffee:)?? "Sorry Mam, I just served our last cup."
I would
have to say that your favorite game is hide and seek; your hiding places have
improved significantly over the past year!
You also enjoy playing memory and my ego is still trying to recover from
the fact that you have now legitimately beat me TWICE (I blame it on Britta
distracting me:)!
You are
such a curious little girl and observe SO MUCH.
Often, when we are going to bed you will ask me a question about
something you saw or heard that day; the majority of the time, I did not even
know you were watching and listening! You remind me that it is not appropriate to call someone a jerk when driving. You are a delight to be around- you love smelling any flower you can,
dancing like a beautiful ballerina and look forward to “Friday Night Movie
Night” all week long!
The Lord has blessed me with two beautiful and kind-spirited little girls. I know it is a cliché, but time is going too fast Elle and I cannot believe you were flashing me four little fingers today, every time you were telling and showing me how old you had turned. It is a gift for me to be your mother and to be able to watch you grow up. I love you Elle and will continue to try and be the best Mother I can to you. I will continue to make mistakes (you are indeed my first born, so I am still learning with you:), but I will continue to make the best decisions possible at any given time and do everything I can to help guide you in becoming a compassionate, independent, and polite little girl. Your Daddy and I will continue to do our best in providing you with opportunities to be a well-rounded individual. I will challenge you at times, only because I love you and expect great things from you. I want you to always be healthy, happy and safe. You are my “LOVE BUG” today and for the rest of my life. I hope that for years to come you still want to sit on my lap and play with my hair. I love you more than words can adequately express. Thank you for being my sweet & beautiful Elle May.
The Lord has blessed me with two beautiful and kind-spirited little girls. I know it is a cliché, but time is going too fast Elle and I cannot believe you were flashing me four little fingers today, every time you were telling and showing me how old you had turned. It is a gift for me to be your mother and to be able to watch you grow up. I love you Elle and will continue to try and be the best Mother I can to you. I will continue to make mistakes (you are indeed my first born, so I am still learning with you:), but I will continue to make the best decisions possible at any given time and do everything I can to help guide you in becoming a compassionate, independent, and polite little girl. Your Daddy and I will continue to do our best in providing you with opportunities to be a well-rounded individual. I will challenge you at times, only because I love you and expect great things from you. I want you to always be healthy, happy and safe. You are my “LOVE BUG” today and for the rest of my life. I hope that for years to come you still want to sit on my lap and play with my hair. I love you more than words can adequately express. Thank you for being my sweet & beautiful Elle May.
| Elle party at KiGa |
| Lighting a "candle" |
| Elle and her classmates enjoying the cupcakes she brought! |
| Elle's new LeapPad |
| Thank you Nana Karen and Papa Marlyn |
| Cookie tonight... cake Saturday (wearing her new Tangled dress from little sis) |
Today, we celebrated Elle’s birthday by taking cupcakes to her school, having one of her dearest friends over for lunch and some playtime and opening gifts as a family. I also made dinner based on Elle’s request- Aunt TC’s “bubble pizza.” On Saturday, we will be hosting a “rainbow themed” party at our house for 8 other children. It should be A LOT of fun and very busy around our house from 10-1PM. Picture of that party will of course follow!! And, there are many gifts somewhere between the USA and Germany. I know that friends/family sent these gifts WEEKS ago, but the mail is very slow lately! We will let you know when they arrive! Elle will love the fact that her birthday will be extended:)!!
| Thank you Stephanie and Uncle Ryan |




No comments:
Post a Comment