We made
it back to Germany…after 375 pictures, 5 countries (3 of which were new to us),
and a few added inches to our waistlines. Without a doubt, it was the most extraordinarily
beautiful trip of my entire life (even the 18 hours to and from Venice were
breathtaking!). And thanks to the
outstanding “Kids Club” it was the most relaxing vacation we have experienced
since living in Europe! The girls had so much fun in the Kids Club that
they would repeatedly ask to return to the Kids Club, when we were spending
family time on the ship. Daddy and
Mommy would often take them up on their request and enjoyed some alone time as
a couple and adult time with our friends Shane and Nicole, so the trip was fun
for everyone! I wondered if being gone
for 10 nights would get a little long, but honestly, it flew by and I could
have stayed away longer (though it is going to feel good to sleep in my own bed tonight!). It was truly a
great trip and a lifetime of memories were made for us as a family.
THURSDAY,
May 17th
We met
our goal and were on the road by 4:30AM.
Our early departure proved to have many benefits; the girls slept for
almost 3 hours and Matt was able to cruise right along on the autobahn with
hardly zero traffic until around 8:00AM.
Then, once we reached the Austrian border, not only did we need to slow
down due to increasing traffic but primarily because of SNOW! Elle kept asking,
“is it winter now, I thought it was spring??”
Between the hours of 8:00AM and 11:00AM we saw a temperature difference
of .5C – 21.0C. Thankfully, already by
the time we arrived in Venice, it was a sunny 25.0C and clear! We made exceptional time driving from Germany
to Venice. Thus, we were able to check
into our hotel at 1:30PM, nap and then begin exploring Venice. Below, I will let the pictures speak for
themselves. Venice was absolutely breathtaking
and exceeded any expectation or vision I ever had regarding what Venice was
going to be like. It was full of charm,
magic, tranquility and warmth. It was
exactly like every painting I had ever seen of Venice, only better.
I will
share more pictures of Venice tomorrow and of the other cities/countries we
visited during our Mediterranean vacation.
I am finding that 375 pictures is a lot of pictures to sort
through!

No comments:
Post a Comment