Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


Before I was a Mom…
I slept in every Saturday and Sunday…

Before I was a Mom…
I watched my favorite television shows…

Before I was a Mom…
My house was always clean and well organized…

Before I was a Mom…
I took a shower every day, got ready without anyone putting on my lipstick or asking to brush my hair, telling me that my hair looks better straight…

Before I was a Mom…
I never researched information on immunizations, causes of hives, developmental milestones, or read books on how to best rear children…

Before I was a Mom…
I never knew that I could love someone so deeply…how I could worry about someone so small…how someone so small could affect my life in every way…

Before I was a Mom…
I slept through the night…I did not get up in the middle of the night to check on anyone…cover anyone up, and ensure that everyone was sleeping soundly…

Before I was a Mom…
I had never been urinated on, cleaned up diaper explosions, cleaned poop out of a bathtub or off the floor, held someone who had puke all over them to try and calm them down…cleaned up puke (other than my own)…

Before I was a Mom…
I never knew the udder satisfaction and pride of being a Mother…to have such responsibility…

Before I was a Mom…
I never knew how my stomach could literally ache when someone so small was sad or has a bad fall and how the simplest things could brighten my day…

Before I was a Mom…
I never knew that hearing the word, “Mama” and hearing, “Mama, I love you to the moon and back” could truly make my heart melt…

Before I was a Mom…
My life was not complete.

Thank you Mom for teaching me how to be a Mother through your continual example.  You are such a loving and giving Mom and now Nana too:).  I now understand how much work being a Mother is, but also how wonderful and rewarding it is too. I love you. 

Happy Mother's Day family and friends.  I hope you are enjoying your special day, as I am!

On Friday, Elle's KiGa classroom invited all of the Moms to closing circle.  The children had prepared a rhyme and song for the Moms to listen to.  The children also had a handmade clay angel for their Mom.  It was a fun way to end Elle's school week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment