Thursday, March 21, 2013

Barcelona here we come!

Barcelona has been on my bucket list since moving to Europe.
In just a few hours, Matt and I will be leaving for our first trip, sans the girls, since our German house hunting trip two years ago.  And though we dropped them off at my friend Meredith's house less than a hour ago, I already miss them.  The house feels so quiet.  I am happy that we must leave for the airport at 3:00AM (in 7 hours).  I think once I get to Barcelona, to the hotel, etc. I will not miss them quite as much.  I know that I will think of them very often, but I also know that it is important that Matt and I have some time together- just us.  And, I know that the girls are in great hands and are going to have a blast with their friends!!

I will never forget my Aunt Ramona telling me, prior to me having children, how it is important to always remember that every family begins with a husband and a wife.  I often have to remind myself of this, because I give so much of my energy and time into our girls that sometimes, by the time it gets to “Matt and me” time, I am exhausted.  I am looking forward to sightseeing, eating long, uninterrupted dinners, sitting in the hot tub with my hubby.  We need to slow down a bit and enjoy each other, before our life gets increasingly chaotic as we move back to America. Thank you Meredith, for pushing me to book a trip!!  I know that it is going to be a very special trip.  

I created these special little bags for the girls to open each morning.  Then, after they open their package and read the accompanying message, they plan to give us a call.
FRIDAY: Supplies for "Friday Night Movie Night"
SATURDAY: Supplies to make Cake Pops
SUNDAY: Easter projects (egg decorating kits, crafts and "What is Easter" book.
MONDAY: Coloring supplies, so that a picture can be waiting for us when we pick them up:)

No comments:

Post a Comment