Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Moving Assessment


Yesterday, the Managing Director from International Moving Service came to our home; he assessed everything I hope to move back to the USA.  I have been working very hard at selling/donating items that we do not need, with the goal that there would be room for our souvenirs and other items we have accumulated over the past 22 months.  He concluded with, 1) you will need to sell more clothes or privately mail some back to the USA, 2) you really do have a lot of clothes.  So, just so I am clear, "too many clothes huh??"  

So now, I will ask my dear friend Meredith to bring back two large suitcases of sweaters, winter coats and winter shoes; she does not have a weight limit, due to their shipment not being air-freight (rather it will go by ship).  And, since she is moving back to Minnesota, it will give us an excuse to come visit her and her family sooner, rather than later:)!!!  Today, I feel happy and sad…it is truly sinking in that our “European Adventure” is coming to a close.  As I had said before, it is very bittersweet.  
Our air-frieght coming over to Germany in May 2011 (minus clothes and bikes); it is hard to believe that we are now ready to bring it back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment