This morning, the movers returned and loaded all of the boxes into their truck and will unload them into our storage this afternoon. Last night, as I was walking around the house I could not help but think back to all of the happy memories we had shared in this house as a family…Matt and I moving into the house pregnant with Elle, Matt discarding of all of our moving boxes by having a large bonfire in our backyard (remember that Halburs and Stuarts??), bringing home two babies from the hospital, hosting a variety of different social parties and birthday parties, and the basement growing more and more into a large toy room and less and less into the rec area that Matt had envisioned it to be (having it finished with plumbing for a bar and electrical outlets for lights above a pool table).
I probably became the most emotional when looking at the girls’ rooms all packed up. I remembered my sister spending hours and hours painting the cute poka-dot baby room (the room Britta still slept in) and the first night that Elle slept in her “big girl bed.” The interesting thing about life is that just as one chapter closes another one opens. So, as much as it saddens me to leave a lovely neighborhood and community and saddens me to leave our family and friends…I am excited about embarking on this next chapter of our lives with my loving husband and two sweet little girls. Next week, I will officially “close-out” the house. The painters will begin painting on Monday (painting over the darling poka-dots), then Merry Maids will thoroughly clean and on Friday, the carpets wil be cleaned…after that, I will officially turn over the house to our Property Manager. Thanks for the memories Covey Court…may we create equally special ones in our next chapter of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment