Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Moving what is left in our house into storage

Today, the movers came to package up all of our remaining home belongings (i.e. items that we did not sell nor went on our air-freight to Germany); tomorrow, they will move all of the boxes into climate-controlled storage.  I keep going through the house, making sure that everything that is being packed up can be stored for two-years (I took a few more “little people” that I thought the girls may miss).  I did not know about packing up our alcohol and cleaning supplies, but the movers confidently communicated to me that theses items are commonly stored for periods of up to 2-5 years.  I feel like when we see all of these items again in 2-years, they are going to feel like new; I am confident we will probably forget what we even have in storage!  Once again, during this process, I am filled with so much emotion…knowing that next week is our last week in the States until we come home in December.  Though, I am ready to begin this adventure, I am sad too… I am sure that throughout this adventure, a variety of emotions will be felt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment