Thursday, June 2, 2011

While Daddy is in Lisbon…Elle said good-bye to her two Best Friends



Today Elle had her last play date with her next-door neighbor/Best Friend Ashley and family-friend/Best Friend Adrie.  We hope to arrange a small play date with both friends when we return at Christmas.  Elle is going to miss these two little sweet girls dearly.  As her mother, I pray that she can find friends like these in Germany.  For the past 3-years, Elle has grown up with these two little girls.  Every time Elle plays with them, she is so happy and carefree.  As a mother, when she is happy, I find that I am the happiest.  One of my biggest fears with this move is that the girls miss our family and friends so much that they are sad at times.   But, I know in these times we will lean on each other and that we have each other.  But, everything I read says that children adjust far better to change than adults, so let us hope this is true.  I would rather struggle more myself, than them.  I have been in touch with a woman who sits on the Steering Committee for MOPS in Heidelburg, Germany and she has assured me that there are a lot of opportunities for play dates!  She herself has 4 children, all of which are girls and the oldest being 6—years old.  So, let us hope that Elle and Britta can meet some sweet little girls this summer already!  But, Ashley and Adrie (and their Mothers) are going to be missed very much.  Thank you for all of the memories and hopefully, our paths will cross again in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment