Another morning spent at the Aquadrom….but this time, we met a lot of new families. It was very nice meeting a lot of American Moms. The majority of the Moms are married to men who work, in some capacity, for the US military. I am excited to tell Matt that one of the Moms, Celia, shared with me that her husband went to college at UNI and is a HUGE Iowa State Fan. She told me that he wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the ISU night football games; I told her that I could easily see Matt doing the same thing! She went to Iowa for college, so she too lives in a “House Divided”:)! This same family lives in the same town as us; they have a 4-year old, 2-year old and 1-year old- she is a tad BUSY BUSY to say the least! Then another Mom, Amy, made me aware that they are moving back to Waterloo in 2-weeks. So, it is like we are swamping lives for the next 2-years! She is going to type me up a “cheat sheet” for Germany and I am going to type her one for the Cedar Valley.
This afternoon, my friend Sherry’s friend (did you follow that?), Ute, brought over her daughter Kim to meet the girls and I. We are hoping that Kim can be our “new Lisa.” While living in Germany, we will of course ALWAYS take the girls traveling with us, but occasionally, Matt and I would like to have dinner out just as a couple. So, hopefully then Kim can watch the girls. I was happy to see that BOTH girls really liked her; Britta even kept letting Kim hold her:)!! Next week, Kim is going to come over for dinner so Matt can meet her and the girls can keep getting to know her. Kim speaks German and English, which of course was a must:)!
Tomorrow, we plan to have a play date with friends Ellie and Will and their Mom Kari. We are hoping to go hiking and play at Neckarwiese park in Heidelberg. Though, the weather is looking like it is going to keep raining. If that happens, we will just play at their home.
Well I am Blogging early, because with Matt gone, Elle is going to sleep with Mommy ONE night (Mommy actually likes it too). We are going to watch a little “Beauty and the Beast” on my laptop, just like we did in Cedar Falls when Matt would travel (though we actually had a television in our bedroom to watch our movie).
Good Night….
No comments:
Post a Comment