| The "famous" Deere outside of Matt's office:) |
*The girls and I needed to get professional photos for our VISA applications (Matt already has his work VISA). Thankfully, our relocation company assisted us with the VISA paperwork, etc. The studio where we got our pictures taken, was very contemporary and child-friendly. The photographer spoke “a little” English, so I plan to take Britta back for her 18-month photos in a month. The Europeans are very strict about the photo on the VISA (i.e. must be a professional photo and the person must not be smiling); Elle thought it was so funny that she had to be “serious” for the photo. Britta did not really know what was going on, so she had a “serious” face going on for the majority of our time there anyways.
*I completed paperwork, at the “courthouse” to be official residents of our town.
*I got Elle enrolled in a ballet school; she starts September 15th. We were able to meet with one of the instructors and tour the school. Click here to check out Elle's Ballet School (use Google Translate to assist with navigating through the pages--this is what I do ALL the time!!)
*I enrolled Britta in a German music class. Britta and I will participate in this class while Elle attends Kindergarten this Fall. From what I could understand:), it sounds very similar to the Kindermusik classes we participated in while living in the States. Click here to check out Britta's music class
*LUNCH & NAP
*Went to Toys R Us to purchase neck supports for the girls while traveling in their car seats, a single-stroller for Elle (or Britta, though Elle REFUSES to even get close to the backpack because it is for babies-LOL) and some odds and ends. It is getting harder and harder to get the girls to leave Toys R Us without either riding the junky rides or purchasing a toy:)!!
So, we got a lot done…I am excited about all of the activities the girls have planned for the Fall. Tomorrow, I think the girls and I can just relax and play around the house (must go on a bread run too:). Unlike the temperatures everyone is experiencing in Iowa (90+ degrees), it is very cool and rainy here (65-70 degrees).
Good Night my family and friends…miss everyone…
No comments:
Post a Comment