Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A day at Herzogenriedpark...

We had a lovely day at Herzogenriedpark in Mannheim.  It was rather difficult driving to (I got honked at once and BOTH my backseat drivers said, “WHOOOA MOM”) but we made it there:)!  The funny thing is, because of the difficulty in driving, we were about 20-minutes late for our play group.  The park was SO LARGE I just assumed we were too late to really meet the group at the front entrance but thought we would see the group somewhere within the park grounds.  While eating lunch, at the park, I checked my email and I read a MOPS “Evite Update” stating that due to the weather the play group was not even meeting at the park but rather the Rhien-Neckar Zentrum (a.k.a. Mall) where there was a pirate activity taking place in “Kinderland”!  Oh well…the park was absolutely beautiful and the weather kept getting nicer the longer we were there (never raining just cloudy).  I guess I should always check my email before leaving the house:)! 
I often thought of my Gram Roselyn...and her love for flowers!


And Elle's LOVE for flowers too, just like her Big Nana Roselyn.  She loves smelling all of them...and I make sure we always have time to:)!!

Elle going down a pretty steep slide...she loved how she went FAST:)

One of the many playground areas...

Elle and Britta pretending to be in jail like Flynn Rider!

Elle walking through one of the many caves...

Britta loved being on her own and exploring throughout the caves...

Little Sis following Big Sis

The HAIRIEST pig we had ever seen...Elle had A LOT of questions:).  She said, "that pig does not look like Uncle Ryan's pigs."

Britta checking out the donkey, saying, "hee aww, hee aww" and the donkey just starring at her:)

Feeding the HUGE fish...our baguettes from lunch!


Good Night...Sweet Dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment