Good Evening. Today was a day of visitors…
In the morning, the girls and I were able to just have a relaxing morning inside the house…the weather continues to be VERY cold and rainy here…
Then this afternoon, Annik, one of our relocation assistants came to visit us. She needed to have me sign some additional paperwork so the girls and I could get our VISA (of course there is A LOT of red tape in this process); our VISA will be valid for 2-years, just like Matt’s work VISA.
Then shortly thereafter, Caroline came to visit us. She is a woman, who was referred to me by another John Deere family, who will be helping us with cleaning our home. With our home being 3-stories, it is not easy for me to clean it with the girls during the day/week. And, we hope to always have a fun, family outing on the weekends. She was a lovely woman, who Elle calls our “new Kathy.”
Then this evening Kim came to visit us. She is a lovely young woman who is the daughter of one of Sherry’s friends. Kim is going to watch the girls when Matt and I have our monthly “date night.” We already have her booked for next Friday night!! Kim ate dinner with us and played with the girls; both girls really seem to like her. Elle calls Kim our “new Lisa.”
Then tonight, I officially got everything booked for our weekend travel plans to Zurich, Switzerland. Initially, I was going to have us stay at the Zurich Holiday Inn; it was affordable, included a nice breakfast, had air conditioning, parking, etc. but then I cancelled that room. I thought we should try a more “traditional” European hotel to try and “live in the moment” a little bit more:). So, we now have reservations at the Leoneck Hotel Click here to view our hotel. This hotel has very small rooms, no air conditioning, no breakfast (so I will pack us something to eat Sunday morning) BUT looks like it is full of character and charm. NOW, on Sunday night I may report that in the future we will only be staying at European Hiltons, Sheratons, Holiday Inns, Best Westerns, etc. because I have indeed seen all of those chains here!!
I also reserved for us a 2-hour Trolley Ride Click here to read about our Trolley Ride. The Trolley Ride is suppose to take us through all of the famous streets and “hot spots” and through a small portion of the Alps. Then that evening, we can venture back out into the city, to take a closer look at the sights we did not get to see as much as we would have liked. There were a lot of excursions and trips to take, but I thought 2-hours would be enough for the girls. Again, we will learn as we go. Then on Sunday, we of course are planning on the Zurich Zoo Click here to read about the Zurich Zoo.
*FYI: Most of the links in which I included in this Blog posting can be translated to English.
Well, tomorrow again is unplanned and unfortunately, it suppose to be cold and rainy. I am not sure what the girls and I will do…
Good Night…all my prayers and love going to my family & friends in the USA!
No comments:
Post a Comment