Thursday, July 21, 2011

Crazy weather...


Good Evening.  So this morning, the girls and I woke up expecting it to be cold and rainy outside….but…it was BEAUTIFUL!  Though the forecast was still showing rain later in the day…so, we took full advantage of the morning sunshine and spent it outside (still only a high of 21/71 degrees)!  Elle was requesting a muffin from one of the bakeries just down the street.  The girls and I loaded up the stroller and off we went.  While visiting some shops, I spotted a beauty salon with some window advertisements written in English.  We stopped in there and I was able to get my first German eyebrow wax.  I plan to go back in a few weeks, to get some highlights and a haircut.  Another shop the employees spoke zero English.  I was looking for some ice packs, for when we pack up our noon lunches when we travel.  I used my iPhone app “GERMAN translator" and typed in, “do you have any ice packs, for coolers, that I could purchase?”  The employee laughingly shook her head and said “nicht” which I actually understood and away the girls and I went.  I was happy that my app worked so well!  Then, we headed to one of the nearby parks to play.  We were happy that we spent the morning outside, because when we woke up, it was raining.  Thus, we spent the remainder of the day inside.

This evening, I rescheduled our travel plans for the weekend.  In looking at the predicted forecasts for Zurich, it showed a high of 18/64 for Saturday and a high of 16/60 for Sunday- both days also predicting rain showers.  I thought, we have 2-years to get to Zurich…let us wait until we can have some beautiful weather.  So as of now, all of our reservations have been amended to reflect Saturday, July 30th! 

So with the change in plans, Matt and I plan to have our first German “date night” tomorrow night.  We will be home in time to still put the girls to bed, but plan to enjoy a nice meal out.  I was talking to Elle about this, while putting her to sleep, and she was hoping that Kim would play “hide and seek” with her (I better email Kim tonight and make sure she knows this game:)!

Well, good night…I will Blog again on Sunday with our “Weekend Overview!!”  Have a wonderful weekend…all my love and prayers.

1 comment: