Monday, August 22, 2011

A BEAUTIFUL day at the beach.......

Good Evening.  The girls and I had a BLAST today at a nearby lake (a.k.a. a “See” in Germany) today!  We had heard about this lake during our house-hunting trip in March and finally, the weather allowed the girls and I to check it out!  The girls loved playing in the sand, with the rocks and getting in the water.  The weather was absolutely beautiful (92 degrees); I just made sure that I kept applying sunscreen on the girls, especially Britta:).  Elle probably had more fun in the water than Britta; Britta was very intent on working away on her sand projects!!!  We packed a picnic and were there for 3.5 hours.  Needless to say, the girls fell asleep for their nap as soon as their heads hit the pillows!  We plan to definitely go back to the lake this week, since the warm weather is suppose to stay throughout this week!

The water was VERY clear...and not too cold

The lake was PACKED with people...

Britta exploring...

Britta hard at work!!

Elle loved running into the water and splashing!

Tomorrow, Kim is coming over to watch Britta so that Elle and I can spend the morning at her new school.  Though I am sure Britta would enjoy being with us too, I wanted to make sure that I can solely focus on Elle.  Though Elle says she is excited, I am sure she is nervous too entering a new school, in a new country, where they will not speak English.  I am optimistic that we will have a fun morning, getting to know her school, teacher and peers.

Then, tomorrow evening, the girls are getting their pictures taken at the Schwetzingen Castle.  I have had the privilege of meeting a lovely woman, through MOPS, who owns Heidelberg Photography.  I wanted to get some 18-month old pictures of Britta and some of the girls together, since the Castle gardens are filled with beautiful flowers!  It will be hot photo shoot, but hopefully the girls will have fun too running around the garden.

Good night…sweet dreams…










No comments:

Post a Comment