Good Evening family and friends. Well, we finally got some HOT summer weather today…finally! I'm not good with math, conversions, or anything closely related. But, after today, I do know that 35 degrees Celsius is really hot!
This morning, Elle and I visited her new all-German Kindergarten…but tonight, I have a sick feeling in my stomach. I KNOW that the German Kindergartens have a remarkable reputation, I am not questioning this, but I just feel like Elle would enjoy being at a bilingual school. Elle loves talking to people and playing with other children and this is going to be such a challenge for her in an all-German school. I know that she will quickly learn the language, but we will not be speaking German inside our home—at least not in conversation form. I already have an email out to the Director of the Metropolitan International School (MIS). Matt and I toured this school in March, but due to so many people speaking so highly of the all-German Kindergartens we decided against enrolling Elle at MIS. MIS also have a very, very respectable reputation but it costs more and there is some driving involved for me (15-20 minutes one way), but I feel that the benefits outweigh these two factors. I think a combination of German and English curriculum will be in Elle’s best interest. BUT, if we cannot get her into MIS this school year, I am confident that we will make the all-German Kindergarten work. I just have to go with what my stomach is telling me tonight…that nervous, queasy feeling so I think I need to look into the MIS option.
Then after nap, the girls and I visited the beautiful Schwetzingen Castle and Gardens for the girls’ professional photo session. Unfortunately, due to it being SO HOT outside, Britta was a little on the crabby side and did not really want to get her pictures taken. Though, my friend Marisa emailed me tonight and said that she got some good pictures. Hopefully, I will have some to share with you all tomorrow evening, though, Marisa and her family are headed back to the States on Thursday so she may not have them ready to be viewed by the time she leaves. I really hope she was able to capture some timeless pictures of the girls in this historical location.
![]() |
| Photo courtesy of Wikipedia, not my camera:) |
Good Night…

Hello Tripps! School decisions are so difficult...and we know living outside our home country makes the decision even harder. Good for you following your mother instincts. Gabe is in a preschool where half of the children speak no English--instruction is 80% English, 20% Chinese. I'm amazed at how the children interact and follow directions. The teacher commented that the best way to learn a second language is to have a solid foundation in your native language at home. Elle will thrive at school! Best of luck in making these decisions and transitions!
ReplyDelete