Tuesday, August 2, 2011

FINALLY...enjoying some summer weather:)!


Good Evening.  FINALLY…we got some warm weather today.  But by warm, I mean it reached 81 degrees!  I know that 81 degrees is NOTHING to the heat wave in the Midwest, but it at least felt like summer to us for once! 
We were able to finally inflate the small swimming pool we brought with us from the US.  We all enjoyed being outside…Elle enjoyed filling up the pool and Britta enjoyed eating her lunch outside:)!
After nap, I was excited to see if my iMapMyRUN iPhone app would work.  With all of the various trails that we have walked on, I am never sure how far I am actually walking.  Since my pace is constantly changing, I am not able to figure it out by the time we are walking.  The app uses GPS to track how far I have walked, our route, calculated my calories burned, my current and average pace, etc. I still find myself simply amazed my technology…as long as it works like it is intended to:).  The girls enjoyed the walk to because after 30-minutes we are at a park they enjoy and we end at our favorite park just 5-minutes from our home.  My app stated that we walked 3.52 miles, so this will be a great walking route for us to try and walk every day.
Tomorrow, we have a play date with Will and Ellie.  They invited us over to swim…only their pool is a tad bigger than our zebra pool-LOL.  There is a chance of rain, so hopefully, it holds off until late afternoon.
Sleep well my dear family and friends… 

No comments:

Post a Comment