Today was a typical Monday of running errands. It seems like Mondays have become the day for the girls and I to run errands; we are often out sight-seeing on Saturdays and on Sundays, everything is closed. Before we left the house, both girls “needed” their jewels on, purses, and Baby Elmos. I find myself laughing, even though it is quite the process to load up all of their accessories and babies-LOL.
I still like to grocery shop once a week; I think the Germans think I am crazy when they look at all of the items in my cart. It appears that the majority of the locals, shop every other day, if not daily. They buy only a small amount of food at a time. Personally, I still like to stock up and freeze items and put some items in my “extras” area in the pantry. Though, leaving the grocery store was VERY stressful today…the girls were both in the cart and thus, I had to carry many of the items in my Toys R’ Us bag (remember, I bring my own bags due to NO stores giving bags to their customers for free). While walking out to the car, my bag broke and many of our groceries went EVERYWHERE. In the process of this “event” a German women helped me, who asked if I was an American (I wonder what gave me away-LOL). Anyways, she and her family had recently moved back to the area after living in the States (Chicago) for 22-years. Her parents are growing older so she wanted to come back and care for them. Her husband does not speak any German. She volunteered providing me with her information and stated that she had a handful of American friends living in our area. She stated that she would contact me via email and arrange a luncheon so I could meet these fellow American women. So, I guess what turned out to be stressful (groceries scattered in the parking lot and two little girls hungry for lunch), turned out to be a positive (additional social networking) event.
Another errand included going to our German Target- IKEA. The girls helped me make some final purchases to complete the guest room. I wanted to make sure it was ready for visitors! Our first visitor being a former high school foreign exchange student, Katrin and her daughter Nele in two weeks. So, start making your travel plans friends and family:)!!
Well, I am dead tired tonight so I must get to bed. Tomorrow, the girls and I must go into Heidelberg to sign yet MORE PAPERWORK for our VISAs. They do not really make it simple for someone to stay in Europe for an extended time period.
Good night…sleep dreams my family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment