Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A day of good ole' messy painting:)


 Good Evening.  So, the day did not turn out as warm as it was predicted to be…well, until 4:00PM that is.  The weather here reminds me of Seattle.  When we wake up, it is always cloudy and raining and then, by mid-afternoon it is gorgeous.  With this being the case, the girls and I elected to stay home in the morning and paint (in PJs of course)!  Since we mailed some gifts yesterday to the USA, now Elle wants to keep creating “masterpieces” to mail to family and friends (this “hobby” could get a tad expensive:).   It did get messy, but I heard a quote once that said “dirty kids are happy kids!!”

Britta saying "CHEESE!!!"

Even though Britta kept saying, "messy hands..." she loved it:)

Elle enjoyed creating colors by mixing colors together...


On a funny note…I overheard Elle talking to Britta today.  I could not understand a word she was saying; it sounded like pure gibberish, though VERY serious and matter-of-fact in tone.  I asked her, “Elle, what are you saying??”  Elle said, as though I was ignorant, “I am teaching Britta how to speak German Mom!!”  It just made me laugh… there must be so much going on in Elle and Britta’s heads right now related to language!  I cannot wait to hear Elle’s stories after she attends her first day of all-German Kindergarten (equivalent to a USA preschool) in 3 weeks!  And honestly, Elle could have been speaking German today and I probably would not have even known:)-lol.  I am CONFIDENT that Elle is going to pick the language up very quickly, since she has always been such a verbal little girl.  And poor Britta, she is doing SO WELL with talking (2-3 words statements all the time) and today, she had to be thinking, “what in the world is Elle saying???”  We will all just keep learning German together.

Well, tomorrow we really hope to get to a new swimming pool with the MOPS group.  THOUGH, Elle was complaining about her left ear hurting off and on throughout the day AND Britta is getting FOUR new teeth.  So, we will just have to see how the night goes.  If Elle’s ear does not improve, I suppose we will be visiting the German Pediatrician for the first time.

Love and prayers to you all…

No comments:

Post a Comment