Britta started her all-German Musikgarten class today!! I wanted to make sure that Britta had a fun activity every week and I knew how much she always enjoyed Kindermusik in the States. We found that Musikgarten is VERY similar to Kindermusik and that pleased both of us! The children were constantly engaged in age-appropriate songs and activities. The instructor had a variety of musical instruments for us to use, while singing our songs (or Britta and I listened for our first class)! There were also a few songs in which we had to dance around the room and complete certain movements (i.e. twirl, run, hop); since the songs were all in German, Britta and I just followed what everyone else was doing! And though we could not understand the meaning of the songs, they all had fun, upbeat and beautiful melodies. I do not think it will take Britta and I long before we are singing right along with everyone else. Especially, since our teacher is going to allow us to attend Wednesdays AND Thursdays starting October 6th, due to us missing so many sessions in November & December. Britta and I should be able to sing a number or two for everyone at Christmas. Not to mention Elle singing a few German songs for everyone; Elle already is singing a “Guten Morgen” song on a daily basis:)!!
 |
| Britta choosing to not hand over her "ME" for the picture; though being very silly with it:) |
 |
| My little shopper...picking some new necklaces and bracelets for her and Elle! |
 |
| Of course she had to ride the car while we were at the shopping center! |
And, since Matt had a late meeting, the girls and I decided to travel to yet another new park (this one though I knew had a McDonalds within a very close proximity:)!! The girls and I were surprised at how quickly it became very cool outside and very dark outside (8PM). It was the first time I actually had to drive in the dark; Elle kept telling me, “just focus Mom” –LOL!
 |
| Britta only wanted to watch:) |
Once we got home, Elle insisted we play “hide and seek.” Her favorite hiding spot is her clothes hamper. The only thing she needs to consider, is that it looks highly suspicious when the hamper is in the middle of her bedroom! Britta thinks it is very amusing when Elle hides; Britta is wonderful help at finding Elle!!
No comments:
Post a Comment