Good Evening family and friends. Today was filled with errands in preparation for the weekend; on Saturday, we have our first John Deere Expat dinner and our first overnight guests. Britta and I had to get some additional groceries this morning because even though the meal is catered, everyone has been asked to bring an appetizer to share from their home country. Since many of the ingredients I cooked with in the States are different here (or exist but taste different), I am going to stick with my olive and cream cheese dip. I have found that olives are in abundance here, along with cream cheese, so maybe it is not necessarily an “American” appetizer but it will do just fine!
 |
| The girls this morning before leaving for Elle's school; Elle wearing a headband, 2 necklaces and multiple bracelets:)! |
 |
| My "shopper"--LOL |
It was so much fun picking Elle up from school today. Britta and I were asked to sit around their closing circle so we could listen to Elle and her peers sing their good-bye song (of course in German). After only 6 days of attending school, Elle was singing right along with her peers—SO CUTE:).
After we picked Elle up, the girls and I went to IKEA for a little shopping and lunch. Since our guests this weekend will be a family of four, I “had” do some minor tweaking to the guest room to accommodate everyone. And since I was already going to the work of making some adjustments to the guest room, I thought I should probably work on the living room and master bedroom too:).
 |
| Britta eating her IKEA hot dog:) |
 |
| Playing with one of the numerous play areas at IKEA |
The girls and I love IKEA’s ice cream because we think it tastes like Papa Donavon’s ice cream!!
Tomorrow, the girls and I have our first, “FRIDAY FUN DAY,” or as Elle calls it, “Ladies Day!!” Elle made the executive decision that we would go swimming! We plan to visit my friend Sherry prior to swimming, to say “hello” to her daughter who is visiting from the States and of course, Sherry’s three little dogs, Elliot, Diego and Hank; the girls LOVE these little cute dogs.
We are excited to have some guests stay with us this weekend and to attend our first John Deere Expat social event. I have been involved in some of the planning for this event and we are anticipating 49 adults and 42 children in attendance. The only unfortunate part of this event is we were also invited to “tailgate” and watch the Iowa vs. Iowa State football game with some friends who are Iowa and Iowa State fans!! We are still planning on watching the game Saturday evening, via Slingbox, once we return from the dinner. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is hard to believe that this Sunday marks the 10th anniversary of 9/11. There has been so much news coverage this week re: 9/11, as I am sure there has been in the States. I will never forget where I was and/or what I was doing when I first witnessed the towers get hit while watching the Today Show; it is hard to believe it has been 10-years. I will be thinking of everyone in the USA on Sunday, as I do all the time…
I will Blog again Sunday evening…enjoy your weekends…all my love and prayers…
BELOW ARE SOME OF THE HOUSE UPDATES:
 |
| Matt's desk on the 3rd floor (right outside the guest room) |
 |
| Guest bed #1 |
 |
| Guest closet & towels |
 |
| Guest bed #2 |
 |
| Now to see if I can keep my first real plants alive:)!! |
 |
| And yet, more plants...time will tell... |
No comments:
Post a Comment