Good Evening. Thankfully, Matt returned safely home from Poland this afternoon around 3:00PM. His flight was delayed a few hours due to some minor computer glitches at the airport, but he made it back! Then, we thought he was going to have to go to the States for a quick meeting this week, but that has been postponed until October. So, we can leave on Friday for Italy as we had been anticipating.
The girls and I had a really nice weekend. On Friday, the girls painted their first Halloween pumpkins of the season. As you can see from the pictures below, Britta kept getting messier and messier as the project progressed (I eventually changed her paints to fingerpaints:)!! Later in the afternoon, once the pumpkins dried, the girls delivered the pumpkins to our neighbors (Walter and Ina) who we share the “garden” (remember, garden is just a fancy word for a small backyard here in Germany:) with. The older couple continues to spoil the girls with little gifts every week and Ina is currently knitting the girls mittens and socks!
Then on Friday evening, the girls and I attended Elle’s Fall Festival at her Kindergarten. Elle, Britta and I all had a lot of fun. Elle enjoyed playing with her friends, Britta enjoyed “trying” to follow Elle and her friends around and I enjoyed meeting some more of Elle’s peers’ mothers. After the Festival, we bought some more pumpkins and took a walk before dark; it is getting dark here already at 7:45PM!!
Saturday evening, the girls and I were invited to some fellow John Deere Expat’s home for dinner. Elle and Britta always enjoy playing with Will and Ellie and I always enjoy talking with Kari and Michael. Kari made us lasagna and it was delicious! Matt ate the leftovers when he got home from Poland while the girls and I were napping. When we woke up, he said, “Wow babe, you really turned into a gourmet cook while I was gone!!” Unfortunately, I had to tell him that the lasagna were leftovers from dinner the previous evening (he thought that made more sense-LOL).
The rest of the weekend, we tried to be outside as much as possible. In one of the pictures below, you will see how on one of our walking paths we saw that the corn was starting to be combined.
Tomorrow, I get the privilege of going to the USA Commissary with a friend; I am SO, SO EXCITED to look and buy some American products!! YEAH for friends who are affiliated with the USA Military! I think our entire family is going to be happy tomorrow night enjoying some good ole' American goodies!!
I also MUST, I mean MUST, work on our itinerary for Italy. We leave in just FOUR days, for 8 days, and I have nothing organized besides our lodging. As I wrote before, the more organized I have our trips (i.e. knowing the cities public transportation, kid-friendly restaurants, pre-purchased tickets, etc.) the more fun EVERYONE has:)!!
I also MUST, I mean MUST, work on our itinerary for Italy. We leave in just FOUR days, for 8 days, and I have nothing organized besides our lodging. As I wrote before, the more organized I have our trips (i.e. knowing the cities public transportation, kid-friendly restaurants, pre-purchased tickets, etc.) the more fun EVERYONE has:)!!
Have a great week! Love and prayers…
| The pumpkins drying...for HOURS (especially Britta's pumpkin due to all the lovely paint:)!! |
| Elle before attending her Fall Festival at school...she really was happy, but I guess wanted to have this type of pose for her picture...so funny:) |
| Britta YELLING "Hello" to our neighbor Walter |
| Elle doing some dance moves before we loaded the mini (you can see Walter in the background) |
| A little kiss for Britta!! |
| Britta playing in the rocks at the Fall Festival |
| Elle playing with her friends. |
![]() |
| Britta "hiding" while playing "Hide And Seek" Britta will say, "come find me Mom!!" |

No comments:
Post a Comment