Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Going 100mph all day long.....

Good Evening Family and Friends.  WOW…today was a busy one!  I feel bad for anyone who stood too close to me; I am pretty sure I was sweating almost all day:)!

So, IN BETWEEN trying to organize our 8-day trip to Italy (and yes, basically starting this huge undertaking just this past Sunday evening) Britta decided she needed to have ear infection like her big sister (must we share everything??)! Now more than ever before, I wish I was like my sister; she does some of her absolute best work at the “last hour,” whereas I get easily sidetracked due to feeling overwhelmed and will choose to ADD something to my “to do” list, just for the sake of desiring to complete something.  Hence, we have a new play area in our basement:) (see pictures below).

Today went something like this…provided (once again) our new house cleaner with information re: where our cleaning supplies are, areas to focus on, etc.  Then, already 15-minutes late, I dropped Elle off at school and Britta and I drove to our Musikgarten class.  After Musikgarten, Britta and I took our usual 3-mile walk.  Then, instead of purchasing new toys & activities for our trip, I thought, let us reassess and reorganize what we already own and then see what we need to purchase.  Well, this “evaluation” turned into me getting the idea that, “hey, we do not have enough going on, let us create a play area in the basement today.”  So, Britta and I then go to IKEA to pick up just a few “essential” items for a fun and bright new play area for the girls (and play dates).  After IKEA, Britta and I picked Elle up, had lunch at a park and while the girls took their nap, I proceeded to work on the new play area.  After nap, Elle had her gym class (see pictures below).  Britta and I took Elle to class and ran some local errands while Elle tumbled around.  Then, after gym class, we visited the Doctor who determined that “yes, Britta too has an ear infection AND her throat does not look well either.”  Thus, to the Apotheke we go to pick up medications for Britta AND Elle, because yes, Elle’s ear STILL did not look better (not worse though) and we are trying yet another plan of medications to heal Elle’s ear (I am close to having a second opinion and/or have an ENT look at it).  Tonight, I worked on laundry and started the packing process for our trip (since we are staying in a holiday rental, we must also pack laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, etc.).  Thankfully, the girls went to bed without too many “issues” and I have been able to pre-purchase some of our museum tickets and read some tourist literature since about 9:30PM.  Unfortunately though, I do not see tomorrow being any slower…BUT hopefully, our vacation can be relaxing for all of us.

Good Night…Love & Prayers… 

Our German basement is not like the one in Cedar Falls, but it did not work out too bad.  Once the temps start to get cooler, I think the girls will enjoy more of a play area in our home.  Also, I thought for play dates it would be nice for the kids to have a fun area to play, instead of all over our home (though there are still some toys upstairs on the main floor and Elle's room, the majority are in the play area now).  The swimming pool was already in the basement because Elle wanted to keep it inflated to "pretend swim" while I worked on laundry.  Now, they can come up with new idea for it or still swim:)





Elle telling me, "please Mom, no more pictures!!"


Elle telling Britta she is not old enough to climb up the ladder:)


Elle's Medications.....

Britta's Medications.....

No comments:

Post a Comment